■ラモントドハティ研究所 Assistant Research Professors募集のご案内
The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO) of Columbia University
anticipates appointingseveral Lamont Assistant Research Professors in the
Earth sciences in the coming academic year. Lamont Research Professors
receive nine-month appointments with partial salary support provided from
institutional sources. An incentive program encourages the establishment of
an externally funded research program to provide remaining salary support,
including an opportunity for summer salary.
Applicants should have established records of innovative research of high
impact in one or more areas of Earth science, through publications in
peer-reviewed journals and demonstrated success at raising external support
for their research programs. Candidates with strong secondary interests in
science education and outreach are also encouraged to apply. LDEO is
particularly interested in applicants with research expertise in the
- Physical volcanology, computational solid-Earth geodynamics, and rheological studies of planetary materials.
- Climatic and environmental change and its impact on terrestrial ecosystems.
- Global Quaternary climate cycles, with an emphasis on abrupt climate change and glacial and interglacial transitions.
- Observational and computational glaciology with a focus on ice-sheet processes.
- Tectonic and magmatic processes at plate tectonic boundaries, with an emphasis on the acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of seismic reflection and refraction data.
- Earthquake seismology, with an emphasis on fault mechanics and induced
Eligibility requirements include a Ph.D. in Earth and environmental
sciences or a related field and at least 2–3 years of relevant postdoctoral
research experience. Salary will be commensurate with experience. All
interested candidates should apply online at the following Quick Link:
Candidates should provide a CV, list of publications, statement of research
interests, statement of education and outreach interests if applicable, and
the names and addresses of at least three references.
Applications should be submitted by15 April 2013 to ensure full
For more information contact: Office of the Director Lamont-Doherty Earth
Observatory of Columbia University, Palisades, NY 10964
Telephone: 845-365-8546 •Fax: 845-365-8162
director_at_ldeo.columbia.edu(Change of _at_ to @)